Monday, November 22, 2004

What A Frikkin' Tragedy.


Today's picture post is going to get me into trouble. Don't blame me, one of the "forum goons" over at Something Awful made the "phake Demotivator." I just posted it because today is November 22, the 41st anniversary of the Kennedy assassination, I had no other good Kennedy-related pictures, and I have never really held the same regard for him as the rest of America, who believes that JFK was one of the greatest Presidents ever mainly because he got shot. Ignoring the facts that he reportedly had liasons with known Russian female spies, Mafia members, and illegal prostitutes, and in the same article, he was apparently an advocate of abortion. If you read between the lines in this historical account, you can see that he actually caused, not quelled, the Cuban Missile Crisis. Other blunders include his escalating Vietnam, the botched Bay of Pigs invasion and he allowed the construction of the Berlin Wall (I'm tired of finding links to show what I already know of history; Google search it yourself). It was actually Nixon who decided to stop using Vietnam as a politcal tool and pull the troops out, and it was Reagan who got Russia to tear down the Berlin wall and effectively end Communism. Also, it should be noted that Nixon proposed the Bay of Pigs invasion, but he knew, based on history, that it would take more to overtake the island than what Kennedy put into it. It's amazing what a political strategist or an economic expert can do in office as opposed to a man looking for prestiege and to forward his own agenda. (And I'm not just referencing Kennedy with that last sentence.) So no, I'm not a big Kennedy fan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home