Thursday, November 27, 2008

Live Turkey

Ever since I was a child, there's been at least one wild turkey that has roamed a fairly busy business / residential area of my town every year around Thanksgiving. I almost think someone purposefully sets it free to wander around. This year I spotted it outside my dentist's office and I just happened to have a crappy digital camera on me in the form of my cell phone so I snapped a couple pictures.

A couple of small kids were running up to it, amazed at having seen a live turkey, but I warned them to keep their distance because turkeys are mean when they feel cornered.


Here it is just standing in front of a car trying to get into the parking lot. It was probably there for a few minutes before I realized what was going on, took a quick picture and shooed it out of the car's way so they could park.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home